For some people, psychiatric medications can play a beneficial role in mental health recovery. This process includes an initial evaluation of psychiatric symptoms and treatment goals, medical history, psychosocial stressors, lifestyle choice, substance use/dependence, and previous medication trials. The provider will also access the history of prescriptions that you have filled from other providers in order to ensure that drug interactions are monitored.
By participating in medication management services, you are authorizing the provider to obtain external prescription information by any means, including electronic. If it seems that medications may be of assistance, your provider will work with you to create a medication plan that optimizes benefits while minimizing potential adverse medication effects.
As with any medication, those medications used for the treatment of mental health symptoms carry both the possibility of great benefit and the risk of adverse effects. While your provider will review these risks and benefits with you, it is impossible to predict how any individual will react to a particular medication and it is always the patient’s decision which, if any, medications they are interested in utilizing.
- For initial psychiatric evaluations, there is a $150 fee for late cancellations OR no-shows
- For follow-up psychiatric appointments, there is a $75 fee for late cancellations OR no-shows
- If you are more than 15 minutes late for your scheduled appointment, you may be asked to reschedule and will incur a late cancellation fee.
- It is important to note that your insurance will NOT cover these fees. Please note that these fines are consistent throughout the year, regardless of weather conditions.
- In fairness to other patients and in order to provide high-quality care, repeated late cancellations or missed appointments may be cause for treatment discontinuation at Sanderson Psychological.
- Before contacting Sanderson Psychological to request medication refills, please contact your pharmacy directly to ensure that you do not have additional refills or prescriptions available.
- Please note that it may take three business days to process your prescription request. Medications will only be provided to established patients, and in some instances, your provider may request that you have an appointment scheduled before processing refill requests.
- Please note that we do not respond to pharmacy-generated automated refill requests.
- Please keep track of your medication and let us know at least a week in advance when you will need a refill. It can take at least 5 business days to process this request.